Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when did your AB's stop gaining weight? or how much more weight do they gain after the first year?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Im not sure about ABs, but Orson's weight has been the same since
February when he was 9 months old (75 pounds). He has changed his puppy fat into muscle now.
He has definatly added more girth and muscle definition since then.
And i'm pretty sure he's not gonna get any taller...just wider :wink:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Heidi hasn't gained any weight since she was about 15 mos. old or so. I'm not sure if Chico is done. He weighs 103lbs. and he's pretty lean. He still looks like a big puppy to me but I'd be perfectly content if he would stop growing. He's 20 mos. old. He's plenty big, especially when I have to help him get into the truck! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Legend(APBT) will be 1yrs old in 5 days he's about 85lbs maybe a little more. He just stopped growing tall so I'm pretty sure he'll start widening out from here.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i have 3 abs from 4 months on mine gain 10lb a month till abiut a year then they slow down as every ab person i have met they tell me this the first year hight and lenth 2nd year bones will thicken up and 3rd year ther musels will gro to ther bones whitch i must say is true my oldest is 3 1/2 f red b 2 1/2 m white and the pup f fawn if u have a female they grow slow be paicent see will get big and if u breed her shell get bigger but just rember not all dogs are ment for breeding some are just pets my male is ruffely 115 120 ad still growing when they hit 3 there done growing in u need more info on ab please feel free to ask i will help as much as possable

·
Registered
634 Posts
to 26
not to talk sh%t on other peoples doge but i have a big ab i would like to see him on a scale at 130 lb mine is about 115 120 and he lookes just aS big as your if not bigger but pic are deciving with thes dogs if u could could u post some pics i would love to see him hes a nice looking dog

·
Registered
12 Posts
puregrover.
by ab i presume you mean a johnson(at least thats what we call them in the uk).
i have a freind with a fully grown johnson and my mastiff is both taller heavier and wider.
she goes to the vet next week for check up so i will get a photo of her on the scales.
her father was 175 lbs and her mother was 165lbs.
20lb or 200lb i love her to bits.

be nice to see a photo of your pride and joy.

thanks

paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
she is the biggest pup from the litter weight wise,this might have something to do with the exercise/diet she has.
started pull training at 3 months.
always fed on kibble and raw.

will try and post a video clip if possible,not sure how (new member)

·
Registered
886 Posts
26knuckles said:
puregrover.
by ab i presume you mean a johnson(at least thats what we call them in the uk).
i have a freind with a fully grown johnson and my mastiff is both taller heavier and wider.
she goes to the vet next week for check up so i will get a photo of her on the scales.
her father was 175 lbs and her mother was 165lbs.
20lb or 200lb i love her to bits.

be nice to see a photo of your pride and joy.

thanks

paul
aahhh ok you have a bullmastif, or just mastif, when you said 130 and still growing i was like "huh" but i also thought you were talking about an american bulldog.

·
Registered
634 Posts
sorry 26 i thought he was an ab my mistake i have a lot of people say to me there abs are 130 140 lb and when i go to see them my oldest female is bigger than there males my appologies

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Moose is 18 months and still gaining weight and filling out. I think they stop around 2 years but don't quote me on that I'm not sure.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella is an 18-month-old APBT, and she hasn't gained any weight since she was 12 months old. She's developing muscle and filling out a lot, but it must be replacing puppy fat because she still weighs the same as she did when she was 12 months old.

Remy is still gaining weight at 19 months old. He's an APBT mix and weighs about 70lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts