Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I think it's different for every dog, but Abby stopped growing at around 2 years old and there life expectancy is around 15 years.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Abs can live up to 16 years but usually around 10 they go downhill, like most large bred dogs. They usually stop growing around 2 but fill in (males) until 4

·
Registered
719 Posts
The main growth spurt by dogs is done by 6 months...they may or may not get taller after that, but unless you're measuring daily you won't notice it anymore...

Then they'll continue to bulk up until about 1 1/2 years...again, it may continue longer, but you won't notice the changes from day to day anymore...

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Zeus is 86lbs and will be one year on Dec 7th. You say he will grow untill about 1.5 years. He will start getting a larger frame but not in height or length?. He is solid muscle now gets about 2-3 hours runs a day. Just interested. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anybody have a AB that actually lived passed 13 on this website? Just asking because my Janie turned 11 in Oct 2006 and she is kind of slow now, arthritis makes her hold her head low and she is thyroid med. But she is a very happy girl and wags her tail when she hears me talk or when I come into the room and she will do sprints for food and she still is a naughty girl and will counter surf any chance she is alone :lol: but I would like to think she might live a few more years. I love her so much and the thought of her passing away is too much to bare. I wake up everyday and panic, wondering if she is still with us. I know its a bit weird but I can't help it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts