Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A DESCRIPTION OF WHEY POWDER AND WHATS IN IT. TO ME IT SOUNDS PROMISING

Whey Protein is a 100% natural protein concentrate of Whey and is specially ultrafiltered under low temperature to be low in fat, lactose and carbohydrates. Whey Protein is a rich source of glutamine-rich biologically active proteins. Fifty-one percent of the proteins found in Whey are from BLG (beta-Lactoglobulin), 20% of Whey is ALB (AlphaLactalbumin), 10% immunoglobulin, 10% Albumin, 7% minor fractions(Beta-Microglobulin, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, lysozyme, lactolin and relaxin). Albumin is of particular interest to researchers because of its elevated concentration of glutamylcysteine, a precursor to the antioxidant glutathione.
Whey Protein supports muscle development because it is the richest natural source of BCAAs (Isoleucine, Leucine and Valine), important fuel components of muscle tissue. BCAAs are depleted from muscle tissue following strenuous exercise, which can cause catabolic loss of protein. BCAAs suppress proteolysis which is the breakdown of muscle tissue. BCAAs are important as a metabolic fuel for muscle and other tissues by its involvement in the alanine cycle (a process of energy production from BCAAs). BCAAs have been known to enhance performance in moderate as well as intense exercise by improving endurance. Each scoop (23 grams) of Whey Protein provides a total of 4.6 grams of BCAAs. No other source of protein provides as much BCAAs as Whey.

Jarrow Formulas 100% all natural Whey Protein is rich in glycomacropeptides, which are biologically active proteins that improve the digestion and absorption of nutrients, and growth of bifidobacteria.

Whey Protein is specially processed to concentrate and preserve glutamine. Predigested Whey, such as that found in peptides and hydrolyzed Whey products, results in a loss of glutamine. Therefore, Jarrow Formulas Whey is not hydrolyzed. Also, Whey Protein is extremely rich in essential amino acids that raise the biological effeciency of the protein.

Whey Advantages 100% Natural Nothing artificial: No artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors. 18% Glycomacropeptides: Unique low molecular weight compounds. Highest Biological Value: 104 Highest concentration of muscle-boosting branched chain amino acids per serving.

·
Banned
57 Posts
CREATINE, THAT AWESOME DOG CREATINE

by Bob Fritz Back to Fila dog index page

CREATINE WORKS ON DOGS

CREATINE WORKS BETTER ON DOGS: Our research shows Creatine appears to be even more effective on dogs. In fact major Creatine test study used dogs as test subjects. CREATINE IS NATURAL FOR DOGS. Wild dogs have adapted to eat large amounts of meat, which contain Creatine and the building blocks of Creatine.

French studies suggest Creatine is found in much higher amounts in wild game than supermarket meats and DOG FOOD CONTAINS NONE. In processing dog food, virtually all Creatine is removed. Therefore adding Creatine to your dogs diet is actually "REPLACEMENT THERAPY". It’s putting back what commercial processing has taken out. Creatine helps reduce Lactic Acid Buildup and delay’s fatigue. It helps maintain PEAK POWER OUTPUT LONGER and enable more REP’S and MORE SETS.

If you have never heard of Creatine, you should have or will shortly. It has already become the standard supplement used by amateur and professional athletes world wide. Many High School team coaches are now giving it to their players. Every Gym has it available and World records are being set by athletes using Creatine. Creatine is tastless, all you do is add it to a glass of water and drink it down.

It's a natural ingredient and really fabulous stuff. Creatine supplementation has been proven over and over to significantly increase strength and performance, and may even help develop aerobic enzymes. Creatine helps reduce Lactic Acid buildup and delay’s fatigue. It helps maintain PEAK POWER OUTPUT LONGER and enable more REP’S and MORE SETS.

Peter Lundell, of Gatlinberg Tennesee has been taking Creatine for over a year. Peter is the author of 3 articles in FILATALK MAGAZINE, and owns BODIE RAGNAR, a Fila Brasileiro dog. Peter also has a Self Defense Studio.

Chris Hammerl, a German SHUTZHUND trainer, who must stay is shape for dog work also takes it faithfully and swears by it. He said it is being used throughout Germany by Body Builders.

Simply put, you have to use Creatine to believe it.

Your purchasing only the purest, lab fresh pharmaceutical grade Creatine Monohydrate. This product is HPIC tested to be the purest Creatine you can buy anywhere, at any price.

You won't find Creatine anywhere for less, and PEAK CREATINE is the best grade possible. As mentioned We said were the original developers of commercial Creatine. Your in on the ground floor when buying Creatine from us. WE KNOW OUR CREATINE

If you want to check out creatine for yourself, just call any Gym in the Country, or in the World. Creatine is coming on like GANGBUSTERS. It is a natural ingredient found in many foods including meat, especially WILD MEAT.

One teaspoon of Creatine is like eating 2 to 3 pounds of meat. It's virtually tasteless and you just mix it a teaspoon full with water or perferably fruit juice and drink it down.

SOURCE: http://www.fila.org/peak/creatine.htm

·
Registered
34 Posts
wow, i never even thought about this. but feeding whey protein doesnt sound bad. the only down side to creatine with a human, is that you can put on some pounds pretty quick instead of muscle. you have to make sure you are remaining pysically active with lots of excercise when using creatine, it happened to me when i started slacking off one time, i had to stop using it till i got back on track. i wonder if it would have the same effect on dogs, i can see it making a dog fatter in those that dont get as much excercise.

·
Banned
57 Posts
go for it man, I feed my dog small amounts of creatine before we go to the park and from what it looks like hes gettin more toned. I dont know if its the creatine or simple hes growing up but it doesnt hurt if its natural right?. Just make sure you give them less than the recommended dose for humans cuz after all its a dog and weighs less than us.

·
Banned
57 Posts
hardwork, how can you go and tell someone what to do with there dogs? YOU and anyone that doesnt want to dont do nothing to your dogs food or water. People that want to WILL, dont go telling people what to do. Next we know people are :roll: going to tell everyone the correct way and the WRONG way to pee. For shit sake

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hardwork said:
whey powder? creatine? are you the guy on tg talking about using hamsters to build prey drive? lol honestly dont worry about all this crap and just exercise your dogs and let them be
also just to add one vital point high protein diets can cause severe kidney problems

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hardwork said:
Hardwork said:
whey powder? creatine? are you the guy on tg talking about using hamsters to build prey drive? lol honestly dont worry about all this crap and just exercise your dogs and let them be
also just to add one vital point high protein diets can cause severe kidney problems

This idea has been proven false. High protein diets DO NOT cause kidney problems. In the past it was thought that they did, hence the low protein "senior" foods. We now know that high protein does not harm healthy kidneys and does not cause problems. In fact it has been shown that high protein diets help older dogs MAINTAIN muscle mass, and this is crucial. Older dogs need more protein and high quality protein.

Links to the studies on high protein/kidneys can be found here - www.dogaware.com

There have also been studies on injuries and amount of protein fed in sled dogs. They had three groups of sled dogs, each group was fed varying amounts of protein. The low protein group had much higher rates of injury than the group fed medium protein. The high protein group had almost no incidence of injury.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Why would high protein cause kidney damage?
DOGS ARE CARNIVORES

I never heard of giving a dog whey protein or creatine.

I do know people who take whey and they grow muscles in addtion to working out, my older brother took
creatine for the sole purpose of gaining weight to turn into muscle. he said you have to take it for a couple
months and then get off it a couple months, etc because it WILL make you fat.

I say just feed your dog a high protein dog diet and work them out.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
A good old protein diet and proper exercise will make the most out of your dog.
Remember, the amount of muscle your dog is able to produce is all genetic related.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts