Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends! So I have my Morley - who will be 6 years young next week. She has allergies and was given an allergy shot at the beginning of Feb. She is still in her crate to sleep and when we are not home. She started panting and whining in the crate. I brought her up on the bed. She would be fine. Asked the vet, they said it could be a side effect of the allergy shot.

That was Feb. 8th. She refused to sleep in her crate now. She wants to be on the bed. BUT now in the middle of the night, she is up, walking around on the bed and whining/whimpering. She doesn't have to potty, tried that.

My husband has been sleeping in the spare room recently as he's working 14 hour days and can't be disturbed a bunch during the night. Could she be having separation anxiety from him? I'm at a loss. I feel terrible for her. Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
15,989 Posts
Have the vet check out her lungs. She could have some fluid in them. This would
impede her breathing and when laying down it gets worse.

Separation anxiety is always a thought, but rule out medical stuff first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have the vet check out her lungs. She could have some fluid in them. This would
impede her breathing and when laying down it gets worse.

Separation anxiety is always a thought, but rule out medical stuff first.
Yep, she was just at the vet - not for this but something else. It only happens at night and the panting stops as soon as I bring her on the bed. Last night, she was good, slept in my bed until 2:30am...then whining...opened the spare room door, she went in, wagged her tail - went back to our master bedroom. Then continued to whine for 45 minutes. Finally went back to sleep. Killing me!! #-o Thanks for any suggestions!!

·
Super Moderator
15,989 Posts
Maybe she is just confused by the different rooms.
Did she start this whining after your husband switched rooms?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts