Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last two months i have noticed that my 4 year old male english bulldogs hair seems to be thinning. You wouldnt really notice except the black spots he has on his skin are now clearly showing through. It looks very odd, on one side of him it looks as if i shaved him with a pair of clippers around his black skin pigmentation.

Is there anything i can do to thicken up his hair again? Has anyone ever experienced this or heard of it? Is there any supplament that makes a dogs coat thicker?

Thanks,

By the way I feed my bully royal Canin English bulldog food if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Could be allergies, could be mites (mange- but doubtful unless his immune system is compromised) could just be normal shedding. If you are conserned about it, have your vet take a look. Better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I would really get it checked out just to make sure its not mange or something.

If not, salmon oil, and maybe try changing the food. Our old Dalmation had that happen and she was on good food, we switched it to something different and her hair grew back really quick. Could just be something he is allergic to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.