Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attitude's equipment post and the fact I was in a suit on the weekend taking some bites from a Dutch Shepherd got me thinking. There obviously aren't alot of women helpers out there.... Wrknrott, Peter, Attitude, Tia etc.. have your dogs ever bit a woman? What do you think about this? I have had Rosco on a woman and taken a few bites myself (hopefully will be doing more work from that end of the lead). The people at my club think its good to have dogs bite a woman helper. What do you all think and have your dogs bit a female helper before?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
I have.... Our training director was a female. She was also a K-9 LOE and had a very nice GSD! She couldn't drive my rott as she was only about 110-115 lbs and my rott was 90lbs of pure muscle! :wink: We also would not do long bites.... she was able to do bites in the blind, short escapes, etc. She had great presentation and timing!

Never really thought about whether I should... ?

8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
i have absolutely no working history. However if i thought about it with some common since i think that would be good. Getting the dog accustomed to a wide variety of types of people. A woman can pull a trigger or rob a person just as easy as a man right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wrknrott said:
I have.... Our training director was a female. She was also a K-9 LOE and had a very nice GSD! She couldn't drive my rott as she was only about 110-115 lbs and my rott was 90lbs of pure muscle! :wink: We also would not do long bites.... she was able to do bites in the blind, short escapes, etc. She had great presentation and timing!

Never really thought about whether I should... ?

8)
Thanks. May I ask what club that was where you had the female training director? Do you train at another club now? Just curious as to where you are "playing" as Peter puts it..lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
both willy and chance had the pleasure of working with female helpers. i'v worked with two thru the years, not alot of em up here tho :( . i have done both sleeve and suit work but now a days i am just to old and fat to do much :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
I know that I have a harder time agitating dogs than most of my male decoy friends do. Most dogs are really reluctant to bite me, and when they finally do it is a very calm almost passive bite. I don't know if it is because they view me as less of a threat, since I am 5' 1" and 116lbs. BTW the largest dog I have agitated was a 135lbs Rottweiler.

Here are a couple pics of me taking bites from a GSD and a Malinois.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
attitude said:
both willy and chance had the pleasure of working with female helpers. i'v worked with two thru the years, not alot of em up here tho :( . i have done both sleeve and suit work but now a days i am just to old and fat to do much :cry:
Let me guess, Cheryl Carlson??

I just assumed you were getting into helper work since you were looking for new equipment. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
Lisa said:
attitude said:
both willy and chance had the pleasure of working with female helpers. i'v worked with two thru the years, not alot of em up here tho :( . i have done both sleeve and suit work but now a days i am just to old and fat to do much :cry:
Let me guess, Cheryl Carlson??

I just assumed you were getting into helper work since you were looking for new equipment. :?
ya cheryl and a lady up here named tracy ? . tracy was darned good to. not sure where she disappeard to tho.
i ALWAYS will have equipment but i only "dabble" now. you know old, fat, bad back. can only do the wussy shyte now :cry:
no more courage tests here :cry: :cry:

Lisa said:
I just assumed you were getting into helper work since you were looking for new equipment. :?
"getting" into? lmao lisa, i'v done that and retired already!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Lisa said:
wrknrott said:
I have.... Our training director was a female. She was also a K-9 LOE and had a very nice GSD! She couldn't drive my rott as she was only about 110-115 lbs and my rott was 90lbs of pure muscle! :wink: We also would not do long bites.... she was able to do bites in the blind, short escapes, etc. She had great presentation and timing!

Never really thought about whether I should... ?

8)
Thanks. May I ask what club that was where you had the female training director? Do you train at another club now? Just curious as to where you are "playing" as Peter puts it..lol :D
That was when I was training with Yolo County Schutzhund Club. We titled a lot of dogs out of YCSC. I currently train off and on with Pacific Coast Working Dog Club. We were training at my house for a while. I would be going more often, but my Rott is 10 and retired for the last few years, I don't even use him on new decoys anymore. As soon as I get my next prospect, which as you know will be a AB, I will be full time again. I'm also going to be looking into a couple PSA clubs in Sac area. I thinking that it's time to get the suit back out and get back into PP on a regular basis....

8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
you know, I don't know if I would like that. I want my dogs to like women. :lol:

However, as a decoy in sport, I see no reason why any woman can not excel, if they are strong enough and fast enough. I know plenty of wooooooooo men. Plus they do not have to wear jocks.
To be honest, maybe they can be helpful in calming down certain dogs, so they actually learn something. Less of an adversary........you know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
yes my ogs have been aggitated by Mia darins wife and taken a few bites if i recall. Not usually but have before
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top