Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a post under the Photos section, under the Bella and Haus play date thread. Can admin please explain to me why my post was deleted? I can *sort of* understand locking the thread but deleting my whole post! That is ridiculous and unfair. There was no reason for it. I have every right to state my opinion, just as everyone else does. Besides, all I was trying to do is educate people about responsible breeding practices and responsible and SAFE ownership of pit bulls and other bull breeds. Is that such a crime? If you are going to delete threads, delete the threads by people talking about breeding puppies and allowing their dogs to be aggressive, not posts that advocate responsibility! Please give me an explanation. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
You're posts weren't the only ones deleted. All of the posts not pertaining to that thread were deleted. That discussion needs to be in Training.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tasha, posts get off topic all the time but they don't get deleted. What makes that thread any different?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I asked that the thread be locked. It wasn't the admin's or mods' fault. You were being accusatory to me, and it was unnecessary and uncalled for.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How was I being accusatory Bella Blue? I stated an opinion, no different than you stating your opinion. I have had people come right out and call me things I didn't really care for (rather than just being "accusatory" as you say) and I have NEVER ran off to Admin and asked for a thread to be deleted. I may be able to dish things out but I can take them too. This is a PUBLIC forum and you can't expect to like everything people say! Live with it or stay off the forums. My gosh, I would sure hate to see how you would react to some of the people on the working dog boards.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Lisa,
This is a public forum. It isn't a working dog forum. We don't all have as much knowledge about the breed as you do, and we don't come here to be 'dished on.' People come here to learn and to share. What fun is it to share photos when someone makes a comment like you did about "getting lucky." I agree with what you say most of the time, but sometimes your comments are unnecessary. Members shouldn't come here and be afraid to post something because of the response they might get. Those posts were off topic and becoming increasingly hostile, so they were removed. Remember, we have children that read this forum with their parents. Can't we at least keep it civil?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Working dog forums are public forums too and operate no differently than the one here. The difference on the working dog forums is that most people who go there want to learn and they aren't afraid of someone not agreeing with them and they don't have moderators who delete every thread that gets a little off topic or offensive to certain people. I don't claim to be an expert in AB's or bull breeds. Believe me!! If I thought I knew everything there was I wouldn't be looking to working dog people to help me or going to my club and asking questions to people with more experience than I have. I wouldn't go to AB and working dog fourms and email people with more experience questions pertaining to temperament,drives, behaviour, etc. I wouldn't email repuatable breeders asking them questions on breeding either if I knew it all. I also don't get mad or offended if someone tells me something I was afraid to hear. Having an open mind is the key to knowledge and education, not tunnel vision. Deleting posts doesn't educate people, free speech does. Even if Haus and Bella were just playing as you guys claim, don't you think the thread would at least open the eyes of some new bull breed owner who has no idea about the potential for dog aggression? How may people have come to this fourm with no idea on the backgournd of the dogs they own? In fact, you even admitted to me that you were one of those people. People need to be aware of the potential for dog aggression. I did not call people names, swear, or anything so how would my post not be suitable for a child? I think the reason people don't see my posts as civil, is because they don't agree with me and I think that is sad and childish. People don't learn and form their own opinions by happily agreeing with what everyone says....they do by taking in the info that is provinded by everyone and drawing their own conclusions. You can't do that by deleting every post that people take offence to. If you did, there wouldn't be too many posts left.

On edit. my opinions did pertain to the original thread because in my eyes Haus and Bella did not look like they were playing. Also, I wasn't the only one who felt this way but it appears you deleted that person's post also. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Lisa said:
How was I being accusatory Bella Blue? I stated an opinion, no different than you stating your opinion. I have had people come right out and call me things I didn't really care for (rather than just being "accusatory" as you say) and I have NEVER ran off to Admin and asked for a thread to be deleted. I may be able to dish things out but I can take them too. This is a PUBLIC forum and you can't expect to like everything people say! Live with it or stay off the forums. My gosh, I would sure hate to see how you would react to some of the people on the working dog boards.
You accused me of "forcing" my dog to play with Tasha's (I still don't understand this concept) and accused me of expecting them to get along. I can take criticism, and I understand some peoples' concerns about allowing my PUPPY to play with other dogs, but when they accuse me of essentially being naive without knowning anything about me, I just don't think a public forum is the place to do it. If you would like to make assumptions about the way I raise and care for my dog, shoot me a PM rather than attempting to make me look like a fool on a public forum. It would be the courteous thing to do.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
this IS NOT a flipping working dog forum :x
seriously you act like working dog forums are all that is dog :roll: you like the working forums so damn much then stay on em and leave us measly worthless pet owners alone.
yea you have alot of info to share but hell you act like anyone who doesnt work their dogs is somehow less than you're glorious self. just about every comment you make you have to say "well on a working dog forum you'd get ripped apart" but hey guess what like i said before THIS ISNT A WORKING DOG FORUM. so nobody gives 2 shits what would happen if they were on a working dog forum, mm kay? if the people here cared about working dog people though, they'd GO to a working dog forum
i've never been good with words and yea i make alot of bitchy posts(some wich i regret but hey cant change the pass now can i)...i'm usually not too kind..but every fricken post you make you have to leave some asshole remarks because obviously in your mind nobody on this forum is as good as you..you have this little pedastal that you sit on and act like nobody can touch you..it's getting a lil old.

so share your knowledge and live the ignorant comments somewhere else.

i'm not saying be huggy kissy...hell i hate boards like that..but you dont have to act like someone is the worst bully owner when they dont do something that YOU THINK is the right thing.

On edit. my opinions did pertain to the original thread because in my eyes Haus and Bella did not look like they were playing. Also, I wasn't the only one who felt this way but it appears you deleted that person's post also. Go figure.
and as you said thats YOUR EYES, something you saw through a fricken picture, pictures dont show 99% of things that go on.

instead of asking about the photos and why they looked like they were fighting you made an ASSumption about the whole damn thing.

its like all you do is come here to be a bitch to people

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
this IS NOT a flipping working dog forum :x
seriously you act like working dog forums are all that is dog :roll: you like the working forums so darn much then stay on em and leave us measly worthless pet owners alone.
yea you have alot of info to share but hell you act like anyone who doesnt work their dogs is somehow less than you're glorious self. just about every comment you make you have to say "well on a working dog forum you'd get ripped apart" but hey guess what like i said before THIS ISNT A WORKING DOG FORUM. so nobody gives 2 shits what would happen if they were on a working dog forum, mm kay? if the people here cared about working dog people though, they'd GO to a working dog forum
i've never been good with words and yea i make alot of bitchy posts(some wich i regret but hey cant change the pass now can i)...i'm usually not too kind..but every fricken post you make you have to leave some asshole remarks because obviously in your mind nobody on this forum is as good as you..you have this little pedastal that you sit on and act like nobody can touch you..it's getting a lil old.

so share your knowledge and live the ignorant comments somewhere else.

i'm not saying be huggy kissy...hell i hate boards like that..but you dont have to act like someone is the worst bully owner when they dont do something that YOU THINK is the right thing.

and as you said thats YOUR EYES, something you saw through a fricken picture, pictures dont show 99% of things that go on.

instead of asking about the photos and why they looked like they were fighting you made an ASSumption about the whole darn thing.

its like all you do is come here to be a bitch to people
THIS IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY .......THATS YOU !!!!!!!!!!FOR READING MY MIND! :lol:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Can't we all just get along. LOL :lol: Sorry. We all love our pets and thats all that should matter!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Okay, I would like to remain on neutral ground, but I will throw in my 2 cents.

I have said many a time that I wish people had more tact, BUT -- I respect everyone's OPINION, and I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is a free country, so we should all be able to speak our mind. I also believe in courtesy. If there are no forum rules broken, there is no reason to delete anyone's post. There is no flaming allowed, so of course if someone felt flamed or attacked, then by all means, delete. I never saw the posts in question, so I can't say whether or not they were in violation of any rules.

Now that I've said my peace, I'm staying out of this one. I just hope you all reach an understanding. No one likes tension.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Now that I've said my peace, I'm staying out of this one. I just hope you all reach an understanding. No one likes tension.
I agree. I've asked root to step in and mediate this one. However, I'm sure he is enjoying his holidays so it might be a couple of days or so.

To Lisa,
The reason the last half of the post was deleted is because I received a pm from Bella stating that she felt like she was being verbally attacked and asked that the thread be locked. I deleted the posts to keep others from starting new threads about what was said on that one. After all, you can't reply to what was said if you can't see what was said. I'm just trying to be a peacekeeper, and as I told you in a pm, I understand how you can misinterpret those photos and another person posted that on the thread. Bella and I are responsible owners, and we don't have a doggy club here in town that we can take our dogs too. There is a dog park, but we both steer clear of that. The only dog to dog socialization they get is with each other, and now Bella has Jake. The moment they start to show aggression towards each other, that will be the end of the playdates. They are both pretty easy dogs to read as they ALWAYS have smiles on their faces. Once the smiles stop, that's when I know Haus isn't playing around anymore. There are never less than 2 of us with them at any time. I appreciate the knowledge and advice you have shared with me, and I would hate for that to end because of this.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So going to jump in here, because, Lisa, the majority of your posts are negative, back bitting posts. They are pepper dashed into completely normal posts which have nothing to do with dog aggression, training issues, etc.

I'm just going to speak of your comments on the photo. Dogs while captured in still photo can tend to "Appear" fighting photos, while in fact, it's just puppy play.

Dog aggression :roll:

and human aggression

Somtimes, you are just percieved like a tank coming up full throttle!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
No offense to anyone here, but deleting someone's posts is kind of assinine. I mean come on, we didn't even delete that troll Kwame's posts. We just locked the thread. We shouldnt be deleting posts just because it hurt someone's feelings. Yeah, Lisa is often negative, but if you don't like what she says just ignore her. This is a public forum, people have opinions and they are going to share them. No matter how off the wall or uncalled for they are, I dont think they should be deleted. But hey, thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
* No profanity or curse words are to be used. Contributors should be respectful and courteous to one another. This means no "flaming". This also means no verbal attacks on other breeders or users of the forum.
This is one of the rules. Why leave it on a public forum if she was being ridiculed?

Some agree and some don't. That's going to happen on a public forum. When someone pm's me, upset because they feel they are being attacked, I'm going to take what I think is the necessary action. Often times, that will upset someone. Like I said before, I deleted the posts because sure enough someone would have started another thread about them, and then we'd be locking threads all the time. This way, the offending material is no longer visible, and no posts need to be made about it. It was a judgement call on my part, and I'm sorry if I upset someone, but honestly I did what I thought was best.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If we deleted all posts that upset people we wouldn't have much left to read. I really don't want to see this forum turn into some of the others out there that are heavily moderated.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First of all you guys can think what ever you want about me but I can assure you that I don't feel like I am a better person because I spend time working with my dogs. I have lots of friends who own dogs as pets, so what? In fact, I obtained my first dog as a pet primairly but I turned him into something else because he showed me he has what it takes and I was finding that I was learning alot about dogs from the working dog people so I felt that by spending time with them I could gain more knwoledge about the breed and dogs in general. I was always and still am wanting to learn as much as I can. Without pet homes what would the working dog people do with the dogs that don't cut it? Pet homes are a wonderful and necessary thing when the owner is resopnsible and informed. If you guys don't like me then oh well. No hard feelings! PM eachother all you want about what a b*itch I am, have fun!! Who is to say that I am not getting PM's from people who agree with me? It's obvious not everyone has a problem with my tone.

BTW, the thing I find the most funny about this whole thread deleting thing is that 99% of what I wrote in that thread was directed to the person who bred her 10 month old puppy and had nothing to do with Bella Blue. Only one thing was said to Bella Blue and it was in response to something she had said prior. For those wanting to know what it was I said that got the thread deleted, it was basically responding to her question which was basically her asking how she was "forcing" their dog to be buddies by having them play together. (or something to that affect). I responded by saying "By letting them off leash together and expecting them to get along." Is that something that deserves to be deleted?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I wish I could have read what was deleted, but if there was no profanity involved, and you didn't maliciously set out to ridicule someone, then NO, your posts should not have been deleted.

I don't always have to like or agree with everything everyone says, but I am all for giving people a chance to express themselves.

Speak your mind. People died to give you that right. As long as you abide by the rules, I see nothing wrong. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Furthermore, there was profanity and "flaming" or verbally abusive references toward Lisa in AllAmericanPup's post up there, but no one deleted that. I'm not saying we SHOULD... I still believe she can speak her mind. And even though Tracey, Lisa, and I have probably all had our share of differences, I value everyone's thoughts. My point is that we can't pick and choose whose post we delete and whose we keep by how much we like them. You have to maintain some consistency, or it just isn't fair.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts