Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brooklyn is my ABPT 9 mnths and she is only 37 pounds! :shock:

Is this normal? Her parents were huge (from what I heard, I've never seen them before)

She is extremely small compared to dogs that are younger than her. Its not like I'm not feeding her, she gets lots of exercise....will she stay this way forever? When do they stop growing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Any APBT that I have ever owned took a full 2 years to completly fill out. Besides, have you read the standard?? She sounds about right actually.

My Daizy is tiny and absolutly beautiful, and I used to blame it on her condition, when actually, now I beleive it just may be how she is to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
sajoseph said:
Any APBT that I have ever owned took a full 2 years to completly fill out. Besides, have you read the standard?? She sounds about right actually.

My Daizy is tiny and absolutly beautiful, and I used to blame it on her condition, when actually, now I beleive it just may be how she is to be.
Yup it take 2 years to completely fill out. She might just grow in standard size weight! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LegendsMami said:
sajoseph said:
Any APBT that I have ever owned took a full 2 years to completly fill out. Besides, have you read the standard?? She sounds about right actually.

My Daizy is tiny and absolutly beautiful, and I used to blame it on her condition, when actually, now I beleive it just may be how she is to be.
Yup it take 2 years to completely fill out. She might just grow in standard size weight! :D
Thanks so much guys for posting.

Wow, it is official...I am clueless. I had no idea it took 2 friggin years for them to grow......and no, I have not read the standard :oops: ...I just didn't see Brooklyn getting any bigger for months....so I started getting worried. How much does Daizy weigh and how old is she?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
The humane society thought Carla was only 6mo because she was "only" 35 pounds. She has filled out and is 40lbs now, and the vet thinks she is about 3 years, so that is as big as she gets. Everyone who meets her is amazed how little she is, but she is "normal."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LegendsMami said:
Here's a site thats gives a short summary of weight,temperment,etc http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm
and apbtconformation.com gives more detailed information! :D
Aha! Thanks for that....I now know that Brooklyn isn't a freakish minature pit bull!

Oeneus said:
The humane society thought Carla was only 6mo because she was "only" 35 pounds. She has filled out and is 40lbs now, and the vet thinks she is about 3 years, so that is as big as she gets. Everyone who meets her is amazed how little she is, but she is "normal."
Really....I guess Brooklyn will be similar to Carla then, thanks for everyones "knowledge sharing" :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Talking to a guy in the know over here, true pitties are actually smaller dogs the larger bulky dogs you see aren't what the breed use to be.

Apparently a lot of breeders (even though it's banned here now) are happy that the public expects a PB to be some huge muscle bound terror as when anyone sees their true PBs they have no idea what the dogs are.

Going from the standards if Storm my Staffy was maybe an inch or 2 higher and gained 5 kilos she'd actually fit into a true PB range. It's scary but no wonder how so many dogs get misidentified.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top