Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Best Name

• Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dozer

• Striker

• Truffle or Chunk(Goonies fans will remember the truffle shuffle)

• Thor

• Zeus

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first dog's name is Lucy.

For the past month we have been going back and forth about the new name for our puppy. We pick him up next weekend.

I originally wanted to use the name Diesel. I thought that was a good two syllable name. No one seemed to like that name except for me. We then came up with the name Tank. Not as good but my wife seemed ok with it until about 2 weeks ago. She has been hounding me that she wants the name Dozer. Since I am a member of this forum, I feel I already know Dozer eventhough I just joined shortly after the incident happened with the forum's true Dozer.

So anyways, I am going to see what you guys think of the name choices we have.

Please vote for a name in the poll

Picture of the new puppy

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Oh my gosh, he is a cutie. He looks like a little Dozer and I think it would be a compliment to the Dozer we loved and miss. He does not seem to look like the rough and tough names, but he does look like he is full of spunk and mischief. :wink:

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
I vote for Diesel. I have another suggestion. How about Hemi? I love that name, but ours all have to start with M.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think Chunk is great... Truffle a bit funny... either or... the rest of them are too common a name. A LOT of ppl have diesels and dozers...

1st pick - Chunk
2nd pick - Tank
3rd pick - Truffle

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
BergstromsABs said:
I think Chunk is great... Truffle a bit funny... either or... the rest of them are too common a name. A LOT of ppl have diesels and dozers...

1st pick - Chunch
2nd pick - Tank
3rd pick - Truffl
Truffle is a bit weird...BUT.....it made me think of another cool name...TUFFY. I love that name. I might use it down the road when I can have another male dog...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I voted for Tank but I love the name Dozer. I don't know how Bremmer would feel but really you should have the pup in your possesion before you name him to see what his personality is like.

·
Banned
136 Posts
What breed is the new pup, i voted for Tank.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Im going to give you a sure winner. Only because I cant use it, due to a friend of ours Mal. But how about Crash?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
RED said:
Im going to give you a sure winner. Only because I cant use it, due to a friend of ours Mal. But how about Crash?
I like that name too! Someone at my club has a Dutch Shepherd named Crash. Real cool! :thumbleft:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Lisa said:
RED said:
I like that name too! Someone at my club has a Dutch Shepherd named Crash. Real cool! :thumbleft:

Speaking of a Dutch Shepherd man I really like those dogs. We went to our first PSA trial this weekend, met with OJ and really considering getting a pup out of one of his.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
RED said:
Lisa said:
RED said:

Speaking of a Dutch Shepherd man I really like those dogs. We went to our first PSA trial this weekend, met with OJ and really considering getting a pup out of one of his.
Ya, alot of people use them. I guess there are some good ones out there.

I have seen 3 total. All were being worked at my club. One just got his Belgian Ring certificate (entry level) and is still currently training with us. He's doing decent but not a real strong dog by any means. Particularily sensitive to his handler and seems to tuck his tail at least once every training session. (Ya and they say you need a real good dog for BR...lol).

The other one at our club is just about a year old. He is showing some promise but he's still kinda young to tell if he's going to cut it.

The other was a female who her owner washed out when she was just about 3. She was a nice stable bitch, but WAY too handler sensitive...to the point she would give up on the man because she was so worried about her handler and getting corrected. An extrememly sweet girl but not the type of dog I would want to work in protection. She was out of KNPV lines none the less.

I know there are some good ones out there, hopefully I will have the honour of seeing one some day.

Good luck with the training. How is it going anyways?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Shhhh dont say it too loud. Steph doesnt know Im still plotting for another. She was stuck in the truck with me for 4 hours coming home from the trial and listening to "Please can we get a Dutch Shepherd?". :oops:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Lisa said:
RED said:
Lisa said:
RED said:

Ya, alot of people use them. I guess there are some good ones out there.

I have seen 3 total. All were being worked at my club. One just got his Belgian Ring certificate (entry level) and is still currently training with us. He's doing decent but not a real strong dog by any means. Particularily sensitive to his handler and seems to tuck his tail at least once every training session. (Ya and they say you need a real good dog for BR...lol).

The other one at our club is just about a year old. He is showing some promise but he's still kinda young to tell if he's going to cut it.

The other was a female who her owner washed out when she was just about 3. She was a nice stable bitch, but WAY too handler sensitive...to the point she would give up on the man because she was so worried about her handler and getting corrected. An extrememly sweet girl but not the type of dog I would want to work in protection. She was out of KNPV lines none the less.

I know there are some good ones out there, hopefully I will have the honour of seeing one some day.

Good luck with the training. How is it going anyways?
Well if you happen across any of OJ's dogs you will be impressed. I would have to go look it up, but I think he said Diablo has 8 or 13 PSA 3 titles, I have his site link at home. If Steph pops in she was looking at it last night and might remember the URL.

Our traning is going OK, bite work is not going to be a problem for her in PSA, it will be the OB. We know what her limits and are ok with it. With Chassis we think she can get a PSA1 by the end of next year or so we are shooting for. She has some trouble on her down stays and sits. Not that she doesnt do them she is just slow about it and will give you the finger at times of course the same thing with her heals. We are still trying to get her to bark on the field. She will do it at home for food on command. Our main problem right now is her endurance. She gets her self so worked up as soon as we get her out that she can only get three good bite/figths in and she is spent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts