Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley & Bully got in a bit of a scuffle this morning, and Harley came away with a gash on her head 2" long. Will the fur ever grow back? My poor doggie looks like a fightin' dog :(

On the bright side, neither dog seem to hold a grudge.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about their scuffle! Bella and Remy play really rough with each other and sometimes leave teeth and nail cuts on each other that turn into scabs that fall off, bringing the hair with it. The hair has always grown back. I guess it might depend on how much scar tissue will be there as to whether or not the hair will grow back, but I'm not too sure!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I'm sorry to hear about their scuffle! Bella and Remy play really rough with each other and sometimes leave teeth and nail cuts on each other that turn into scabs that fall off, bringing the hair with it. The hair has always grown back. I guess it might depend on how much scar tissue will be there as to whether or not the hair will grow back, but I'm not too sure!
Yep, sounds about right. It will more than likely grow back eventually.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uh, I'm so relieved to hear that. :D I put some Bacitracin on it after I cleaned it, I was worried she be permanently scarred. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Koda and Shelby are extremely rough with each other when playing...they always look like fighting dogs :lol: But their hair has always come back... :D

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yup! Don't worry it will most likely grow back. My dogs play like there fighting all the time even slam each other into the wall! All scratches and cuts heal up on them.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
nanniesrock said:
Harley & Bully got in a bit of a scuffle this morning, and Harley came away with a gash on her head 2" long. Will the fur ever grow back? My poor doggie looks like a fightin' dog :(

I'm sorry to hear that. Were they playing or starting to test each other? How much of a scuffle? And, by 2" gash, do you mean cut through the skin or a good scratch? How did it start, did Bully initiate it? That sucks, I hope it doesn't get worse. But, I've got some info for you on this situation just in case it starts to get worse. I got it from a member here, to try w/ Mosley and Messiah. Let me know if you're interested in it.

~S

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BanterBull said:
nanniesrock said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Were they playing or starting to test each other? How much of a scuffle? And, by 2" gash, do you mean cut through the skin or a good scratch? How did it start, did Bully initiate it? That sucks, I hope it doesn't get worse. But, I've got some info for you on this situation just in case it starts to get worse. I got it from a member here, to try w/ Mosley and Messiah. Let me know if you're interested in it.

~S
Shawn, I'm all for reading anything I can get my hands on. Feel free to either post it or PM it to me. Thanks. Scuffle was nothing serious. My hubby let them out when he got up for work, I was still in bed. They both walked away like, whatever :roll: , he said when I called him to ask why Harley had a gash. Apparently he didn't feel it warranted mentioning :? so it couldn't have been major. Someone said Bully gets irked when the other dogs seek affection, & that seem to be the biggest issue. As I said earlier, Harley has spent the last 9 months at my heel, so having another dog make it perfectly clear she can ......uh anyway, that's what I need to work on, I think. Obviously it's imparative I form a close bond with him, but he needs to understand he isn't the only dog. His training went better yesterday than the day before, I don't think it'll take long at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
nope

a scars a scar, now you have a "bad lookin junk yard dawg."

jackie "Leroy" Brown
I got a custom continental...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It depends on the depth of the gash, but since you didn't say he needed stitches I assume it wasn't a serious one. So yes, the fur will likely grow back. I know a dog who is an ex-fighter who has a scar on his forehead, but he was stitched up. The rescue named him Scarface because of it but he's such a sweetheart, people assume with a name like that he must be mean. "say hello to my little friend" refers to his tail. LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts