Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the pups I adopted out is being fed this and the girl asked if we could score it...I told her to feed Nutro Large breed puppy but you know how that goes..now I have to justify why..

Beneful Healthy Growth for Puppies
Beneful Healthy Growlth for Puppies has six distict pieces that represent real, wholesome ingredients that help puppies grow happy, healthy and strong. Beneful contains moist, chewy chunks made with real chicken that are rich in protein to help build strong muscles.Beneful is enriched with calcium for healthy teeth and strong bones, iron for healthy blood. Beneful also contains vegetables with Vitamin A and other important vitamins, minerals and nutrients. And because puppies grow so fast we added the real goodness of milk to help your puppy grow up truly healthy.

Ingredients:
GROUND YELLOW CORN, CHICKEN BY-PRODUCT MEAL, CORN GLUTEN MEAL, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, ANIMAL FAT PRESERVED WITH MIXED-TOCOPHEROLS (FORM OF VITAMIN E), CHICKEN, RICE FLOUR, MILK, SOY FLOUR, SUGAR, SORBITOL, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, WATER, ANIMAL DIGEST, SALT, PHOSPHORIC ACID, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVE), L-LYSINE MONOHYDROCHLORIDE, ADDED COLOR (YELLOW 5, RED 40, YELLOW 6, BLUE 2), CALCIUM CARBONATE, DRIED PEAS, DRIED CARROTS, CALCIUM PROPIONATE (PRESERVATIVE), CHOLINE CHLORIDE, DL-METHIONINE, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, ZINC SULFATE, FERROUS SULFATE, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, MANGANESE SULFATE, NIACIN, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, COPPER SULFATE, BREWERS DRIED YEAST, BIOTIN, GARLIC OIL, THIAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, MENADIONE SODIUM BISULFITE COMPLEX (SOURCE OF VITAMIN K ACTIVITY), CALCIUM IODATE, SODIUM

Guaranteed Analysis:
Moisture (Max) 14
Crude Fat (Min) 12
Crude Fiber (Max) 4
Crude Protein (Min) 2
Linoleic Acid (Min) 1.5
Calcium (Ca) (Min) 1.1

Extra Information:
Weaning pups: Start puppies on Beneful Healthy Growth for Puppies as early as they begin to nibble at solid foods generally at 3 to 4 weeks of age.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Family of 5 said:
I believe there is a Beneful review in the dog food post above that rates Beneful a 17F :shock: :shock:

Not good food!!
Rock on :wink: thank you...I am helping someone along..Knowledge is power..

preash...

e

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My mom feeds her overweight pug Beneful, and is determined that it's a good "diet" dog food... I've tried several times to tell her it's no good, but she won't listen! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Print out that article that Kogeki linked in the "killing our pets with every meal" thread. Then break down the ingredient list for Beneful and show her in writing what all that wonderful stuff like "animal digest" and "animal fat" and "chicken by-product meal" are.

Then explain to her that dogs have a short gut that is not able to process the complex starches that comprise about half of the first ten ingredients for that food (corn gluten, ground corn, sugar, etc.), so those calories are completely empty from a nutritional standpoint (and it causes major gas).

I've never actually looked at the ingredient list for Beneful before, and I figured it was bad, but.....wow it is REALLY horrible.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The sad thing about beneful is that the walmart brand of food Maxximum Nutrition is about 1000x better and cheaper.

Actually MN is better than IAMS if I read all the ingrediants right. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
jleonar said:
The sad thing about beneful is that the walmart brand of food Maxximum Nutrition is about 1000x better and cheaper.

Actually MN is better than IAMS if I read all the ingrediants right. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot.
Bella was eating Maxximum nutrition at the breeder's house, so we switched her to Beneful when we brought her home because we were totally suckered by the commercials. I'm so thankful for these forums because we would probably still be feeing the dogs crap because we were fooled by commercials (and our vet).

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got her to switch to Nutro Large Breed Puppy =D> ..It scored a B..which that is ok it is in her budget as well...

e

Oh Yea..I made it to 300 post...whoa movin up in the world..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts