Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new so thought i would pick your brains!
This AB belongs to a friend of mine,i wondered if anyone has ever seen anything like this?
any thoughts/opinions appreciated

and standing next to normal male for comparison

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
maryserratos said:
LOL, I am not sure what you are asking about??? His nerdies?
Mary - look at the rear end of the two dogs- see how the dog on the left has nice muscular rear hips and the dog on the right doesn't? Thats what they are referring too

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Something does not look right. the pic by itself you dont notice much but when compared to the other dog...there is a big difference...

Have they had him checked out by a vet....to me this is just going to mean hip problems in the future if not already...is the dog as active as other dogs...does it hender it in any way? Never seen that before...what do you think about it?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
It does look odd - like his rear hips are not properly placed - but I have not seen anything like it before either

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
bodazafa said:
It does look odd - like his rear hips are not properly placed - but I have not seen anything like it before either
or he has atrophy (sp) or something...but i dont know....I just know it looks funny.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
How old is the dog? That makes a big difference bc he could be going through an awkward phase, other than that I would take him to Vet, it could just be his build it could be a health issue, dunno.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there,he has been seen by a vet who was vague,they are going to seek a referral,i just wanted to se if anyone here had seen it before.
He is 18 months old,he is very weak on the backend- to me it looks like muscular dystrophy or something like that.
I havnt seen it before but his gait is a bunny hopping one,he is really wobbly at times- i supect a poor prognosis but we shall see.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
amberjade said:
Hi there,he has been seen by a vet who was vague,they are going to seek a referral,i just wanted to se if anyone here had seen it before.
He is 18 months old,he is very weak on the backend- to me it looks like muscular dystrophy or something like that.
I havnt seen it before but his gait is a bunny hopping one,he is really wobbly at times- i supect a poor prognosis but we shall see.

aww thats so sad...I hope it works out...thats kind of what I was thinking...Looked like atrohpy(SP?). I am really interested to see how this turns out...please keep us updated.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Good luck with that. A bunny hop gait is not a good sign. usually signals some sort of muscular atrophy or hip dysplasia. I'd be intersted in hearing his prognosis.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It looks like severe dysplasia to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts