Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyson slept from 10pm to 4am !!!! I heard him at 4 took him straight out. He pee'd gave him small praise and then right back to the crate. He cried for 3 min's (i think) :) and then was quiet till my wife got in the shower around 4:45... I woke up at 5.

Before bed when he was falling asleep everywhere I walked and stopped, I moved his crate from the kitchen to the extra room as it puts a bathroom btw him and our room (to drowned out his usuall nightly ritual) He went inside and layed down I shut his door. I grabed a book and read right in front of him till 10pm- he was knocked out by then....put the towel over his crate....and that was all he wrote for that day!!!!!

I am soooo happy about this! I was very nervous before he got here that it would end up a
"me or the dog" kinda thing with my wife. Dont mess with the womens sleep now. LOL-

THANKS GUYS FOR THE BLANKET TIP!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yeah!!! Way to go Tyson! I think it's so sweet that you read a book while sitting in front of his crate! :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Glad YOU got some sleep. My dogs had me up about 4 seperate times. Hate it when that happens.
Good job Tyson!

·
Registered
214 Posts
When I first got Bam I slept on the floor with my hand inside the crate one night because I thought my wife was going to kill us both!!! It was the only way to make him stop crying. Sounds like your dog has figured out the routine pretty well already. They do love their routine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
That is TOO funny. My dh would NEVER sleep next to a crate all night long w/ his hand in it! I think that's kinda sweet...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Our new pup is still crying in her crate. she will go in it during the day and eat and she likes to be in there but as soon as the lights go out and we leave the area, she barks and howls. it takes like 30 mins for her to stop and then she will start again when she needs to go out. and then it is the whole 30 mins again before she is quiet....

CONGRATS on the sleep you are getting. I cant' wait to sleep thru the night again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You're lucky

Yeah you certainly are lucky. Our Brooklyn almost always whined...I mean eventually from ignoring her she would quit but even today if I crate her she howls for the first 2 hours. My MinPin is very quiet while my Yorshire has been crated from the get go and if I tell him "QUIET TIMMY TIME FOR DODO' he will sleep but if he hears you up watch out BARK BARK BARK like crazy until you let him out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
dude, way too much trouble

I think you need the Dog Whisperer too, you are going through way too much trouble with this beast.

Have a kid instead,

dr. jackie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Calm down

LOL...hmm maybe your name should be BRUTALLY HONEST JACKIE? Or excuse the language JACKASS? People voice their troubles and you always seem to think that everyone should be perfect dog owners. I mean don't we all learn with time? No one is EXPECTED to know how to handle all behaviour...having a kid doesn't solve anything. Whose to say he won't have questions or issues with that? Use your common sense please and relax a little. This forum is for people who need help. You seem to butcher everyone for their ways/opinions.

·
Registered
288 Posts
pitbullmaster

You seem a tad sensitive, "butcher?" a bit extreme. I'll forgive you since we all have bad days. I was merely suggesting that since the subject is going through so much trouble they might as well have a kid. I've never been awakened at 4am by my dog and I wouldn't stand for it. I think the subject would benefit from that info.

here to serve,

jackie

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, he/she doesnt have a baby, she has a puppy. Although it COULD be simpler to just get rid of the pup and get a baby. Now that's definately not a hastle!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sound like both you and Tyson had a break thru, congrats! it is really the little things...(especially if you have to gut up at 4:45AM. Good Lord, that is early.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's done !

Tyson is now consistantly sleeping thou the night. ***The room that he is in is right next to a bathroom. Found out that he likes the sound of the bathroom exhaust fan !!! ***

Have you put a blanket over the crate? Or a Tick-tock clock in the crate as well ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
congrats!!

congrats on full night of sleep!! i remember when i rescued trouble the first week was torture!!! i felt LIKE i had a newborn -- up every couple of hours taking him to potty and comforting him in his crate.... needless to say - it's paid off.... nine months later he happily nestles next to me in bed (hubby works nights) and i have to wake HIM in the mornings - haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts