Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the worms. The vet gave us 2 tabs. and says we should give one tab. and after few weeks one more. Is here any open-minded people on this forum who actually didn't give this tabs. to his pet. Maybe garlic it will do?
I don't support drugs, and don't want poison my pup.
Any sugestions?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I think you should give your pup the pill! It will probably get rid of your pup's worms the fastest. Maybe someone else can offer some "homeopathic" advice if you're totally against it. I'm just very pro-medicine. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he is 3 months old and we just made 2 vactination and the Vet gave us the pill just to check if he have them.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ariana said:
he is 3 months old and we just made 2 vactination and the Vet gave us the pill just to check if he have them.
Most puppies are born with worms. It isn't uncommon at all...as far as medicating without knowing for sure he/she has worms at all I don't agree. I don't think you should overmedicate your pet. I would have the vet take a fecal sample and check for parasites. Some de-wormers kill one kind of parasite but not another.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hug~A~Bully said:
Ariana said:
Most puppies are born with worms. It isn't uncommon at all...as far as medicating without knowing for sure he/she has worms at all I don't agree. I don't think you should overmedicate your pet. I would have the vet take a fecal sample and check for parasites. Some de-wormers kill one kind of parasite but not another.
thanks, I will do that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My AB pup is 13 weeks old now......been on regular puppy vet visits with shots, been wormed 2 times, fecal checked twice and I found 2 white tapeworms things in his stool last weekend. I called the vet and told them his fecal check 4 days earlier was clear. She said it was tapeworms and they don't show up on fecal exams, you have to SEE them. I went in and Zeus took one little orange pill and is fine. Said they are not contagious and they get them by eating a infected flea.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My pups werw checked at every visit with a fecal sample, and were actually one of those rare cases, they have never had them. They still dont, however, t o avoid them, tangerines and oranges, anything strong citrus is a great way to kill them AND keep them away.

Id personally say, if they have been wormed, give them the pill, like the vet says, then after, a tangerine(small) every few days should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The acid content is very strong in Tangerines and Oranges, strong enough to kill the and ward them off. Also strong enough to upset a belly if you over do it. A pup is ok with about 1 a week, peeled, and adults, shoot, mine eat them all the time!!!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ariana said:
I have a question about the worms. The vet gave us 2 tabs. and says we should give one tab. and after few weeks one more. Is here any open-minded people on this forum who actually didn't give this tabs. to his pet. Maybe garlic it will do?
I don't support drugs, and don't want poison my pup.
Any sugestions?
Garlic won't do a thing for intestinal parasites. Please realize that worms CAN kill a puppy. The worm pills are not "toxic" to the animal, if they were, tons of dogs would be dead. It's funny you should use the term "open minded" when you're closed minded to the medicine that will help your dog get better.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Tangerines help with all worms-all of them.

AND over time, the acid gets in the oil in their coats, making it taste nasty to fleas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts