Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rex keeps biting up the wall and bottom of the door. I went and got that stupid Bitter lime crap to keep them from biting and the F**ker is LICKING IT!!! What can I do to stop this? I swear if he does not stop he will be stuck in his crate when im busy and cant watch him.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is in his room with nothing in it but his toys, cage and food he is not allowed in my living room we have leather furniture,I cant be there 24/7 I have 3 kids and a house to run. I cant catch him in the act when he hears me coming he stops. He has LOTS of chew toys and I just got him 2 today. So I should just crate him instead of leaving him in his room? I will do that which is what I threatened to do anyway lol

·
Banned
908 Posts
why r u so mad u ask 4 advice i gave it .udidnt say he had his own chew toys earler. if u can handle it put some pepper on the door or rub some jalapeno or habanero pepper on what u dont want him to chew

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hell ya crate em!!! Sheila is great when we are around, but she has gotten into troulbe quickly in a matter of seconds if we are not watching her. She chewed the corner floorboards to saw dust in about 30 seconds!! That is how long it took me to run to the car, grab my cell, come back in and caught her chewing away. Whenever I have stuff to do around the house and can't keep an eye on her she goes in the crate. And with these breeds of dogs you know the puppy jaw chewing power. No toys last for more than a few minutes except for her nylabone for big chewers. Good luck, and Sheila also likes the taste of Sour apple spray :lol:

·
Registered
704 Posts
He's a puppy..if you can't supervise him, he should be crated or out in the yard. I always suggest you rotate toys as well..they get bored if they are all left out..keep them exciting by giving him different ones each day.

Also...as I always say "a good bulldog is a tired bulldog" Give him plenty of excercise and then he will just sleep during his down time as opposed to being destructive.

Another idea..tie him to your waist with a leash. This way you can go about your chores and still keep an eye on him. He gets to interact and spend more time with you, you are training him, he can't get in to anything..a win win situation.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fawn coffee said:
why r u so mad u ask 4 advice i gave it .udidnt say he had his own chew toys earler. if u can handle it put some pepper on the door or rub some jalapeno or habanero pepper on what u dont want him to chew
Im not mad im sorry if it seems that way, I wil try that thanks! Shelia wow that fast huh? Soo how long will it be before he stops this chewing up everything crap? I guess he will have to be crated. I am sick as well so he will be in there more than usual...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carrie said:
He's a puppy..if you can't supervise him, he should be crated or out in the yard. I always suggest you rotate toys as well..they get bored if they are all left out..keep them exciting by giving him different ones each day.

Also...as I always say "a good bulldog is a tired bulldog" Give him plenty of excercise and then he will just sleep during his down time as opposed to being destructive.

Another idea..tie him to your waist with a leash. This way you can go about your chores and still keep an eye on him. He gets to interact and spend more time with you, you are training him, he can't get in to anything..a win win situation.
Sounds good! I cant really excerice him right now because I have Pneumonia and Bronchitis. I think that may be why he is doing it. I have been sick all week and he has not been playing outside or inside like normal so I guess he will be bored. Thanks ALOT guys this total makes sense!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Sounds like your puppy needs more crate time. This behaviour is normal for puppies and should be expected. Unless you enjoy having your house and stuff ruined put him in the crate unless you can be there to watch the pups every move. I have a female AB who will be 2 in December and she is still crated much of the time. She still has way to much energy and likes to destroy things too much to allow her any unsupervised freedom. I always say if a puppy or young dog is ruining things in the house its the owners fault. You can't blame a puppy for just being a puppy. They are supposed to be full of piss and vinegar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts