Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I forgot to tell you guys about this the other day.

My Aunt and I were out walking Kate and we came up to a cross walk and Kate sat. This lady was walking by on the other side and she stopped us. She told us that she saw me and Kate the other day and saw how Kate sat right away at the intersection and she was so impressed by it. She stated how she thought Kate was very well trained. Well that made my day!!

but TODAY!!! Today is MY happiest moment.

There is a part on our walk where one side of the sidewalk is pretty much fence (maybe 5 inches at the most of grass) and then the otherside a small amout of grass and then the street. So when someone is walking by us there it is very hard to sort of move out of the way for them. Well lately I have been working with Kate on "heeling" I messed up and used a much longer phrase "Kate stay with me" But it works so that's all that matters right now. And acutally she has been doing very welll at it, we have only been working on it consitantly for about a week. Well this morning we were walking by that small part and we had been doing stay with me for about a half a block already and I see this man walking uptowards us. I was like okay, this is going to be the test. I started reminding Kate to stay with me. We walk past the man, Kate stayed right next to me and barely looked!!!!! She didn't bark or pulll like she normally does!

I was soooooooooooooooooooooo proud of her this morning!! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
EsthersDad said:
Thats awesome!

And remember when a dog behaves well its the work of the trainer!

So yah for Kate's mom!
I agree! Good girl, Kate and way to go Johanna! \:D/

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roxy said:
debs said:
Makes you feel really good when they listen.

Almost a shock when they do......what with their bullydog selective hearing :twisted:
lol thats why I was so shoked!!!

Thanx for all the support guys!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts