Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the first pics of Yemi off lead in the park.

I'm so proud of her as she returned every time I called her even when there were more interesting things to do (play with other dogs)
Not bad as she is only 17 weeks old :D

This last one is of my son, Yemi and my sons invisible dog :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Your son is just precious! My niece used to tie a string around one of her stuffed dogs and drag it around like it was on a collar. Kids are so sweet.

Yemi is adorable. I love her blocky head!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone :D

I'm not sure what make my son's invisible dog is :wink:

It was funny really he found that packing cord or whatever it's called yesterday on our way out so he's been talking to it and giving it a walk for the last 24 hours :roll:

When we got to the park I opened the door to let Yemi out, I always make her wait with the door open for a short while until I tell her to jump out.

Elliot lent over after Yemi got out and put his invisible dog on the car floor, great I thought he's not going to bring it with us. Then he pointed to it and said "wait" then picked it up and brought it with us :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He gave me the invisible dogs lead to hold while we were walking around the park as I took it off him. He gave me am exasperated look and said "it's down side up" (up side down) Your holding it by it's neck" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's a right little character

·
Registered
210 Posts
She's so cute! Our little girl is only two weeks older than her and about the same size (maybe a bit bigger- her dad was a big boy, and she takes after him). I'm also amazed at how easy it is to train her- she really wants to do whatever she can to please me, so it's just a matter of making her understand what it is I want her to do, and she's so bright it doesn't take her long!
Mind you, when she decides to be naughty, she can be a stubborn little so and so!! :eek: :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again :D

Where did you come up with the name Yemi?
Nowhere very inspiring I'm afraid, I heard it on the TV and thought it was a brilliant name. It's African I believe I did do a goggle search as my friends insisted I found out what it meant, just in case it meant "pees on floor and eats settee" :? :lol: (I have weird friends :lol: ) But I didn't find out the meaning.

Maia, I have been amazed how good Yemi has been to train, we haven't got it sorted by any means but she picks things up so quickly and she so wants to please me. To be honest I never really liked Staffs, I was a bit more into the cute fluffy type of dog. I did a lot of research (and I mean a lot :roll: ) When I decided to get another dog as our G.R is getting on a bit (God bless her) and my research kept bringing me back to staffies.
Well now I just adore them. I can't imagine life without her :D

Eventually I would like another dog (When Molly isn't around to keep Yemi company any more) But reading through this site I have become a little scared of having two staffs as there do seem to be a few problems associated with having two bull dogs together. I have to say none of what I have read has been about Staffs. Are there any Experience English staff owners who have knowledge about having two staffs together. If I did get another dog I would want another female dog.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Nowhere very inspiring I'm afraid, I heard it on the TV and thought it was a brilliant name. It's African I believe I did do a goggle search as my friends insisted I found out what it meant, just in case it meant "pees on floor and eats settee" (I have weird friends ) But I didn't find out the meaning.
:laughing3:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.