Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I came home from work and there was a gangly, dark colored, German Shephard running loose in the two yards next door to me. There was a guy talking on a cell phone at the next house over from the open lot. It's the same house where the AB was running loose a month or so ago that came over and started trying to mount Messiah (who subsequently taught the AB NOT to try and mount him). Anyway, I walked over to the guy and told him I'd be letting my three dogs out in back of my house since they've been home alone all day and that they're bulldogges and not extremely fond of strange dogs coming in to their yard, so he might want to leash his dog so we don't have any problems....
His reply, referring to his gangly GSD:
"He's AKC Schutzhand trained and would eat them up. But, I'm leaving anyway."
What a deuschbag. I kept my temper and stayed polite.
My reply:
"That's great, thanks for leashing your dog, I appreciate it." And, I walked away.

For the record, I'm 100% against fighting dogs and wouldn't want to see my dogs get hurt. And, maybe I'm wrong for thinking this, but I can't help how I feel. My gut reaction/thought was I wish I woudn't have said anything and would have just gone and let Montana out the back door as I usually do (after making sure nobody is walking their dog past the front of my house on the road). And, if that GSD would have seen her and came over in to my back yard, Montana would have ripped the shite out of it. She's easily the least tolerant of strange dogs that come around. Mosley'll tolerate them as long as they don't act dominant towards him and Messiah will try and play...unless a dog tries to mount him. But, Montana would instantly go in to attack mode. She has no patience with other dogs, but has the most patience within the pack. I wouldn't have done that, but a little bit of me would like to teach that dude a lesson, if it didn't include the chance of my dogs getting hurt or me getting in trouble w/ the law. Anyway, I had to vent a little bit...

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Hey U..hope your weekend is going OK besides the stupid humans thingy..and I do believe you have a leash law down your way work it in your favor get in the dudes back pocket :wink: ..

e

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erica said:
Hey U..hope your weekend is going OK besides the stupid humans thingy..and I do believe you have a leash law down your way work it in your favor get in the dudes back pocket :wink: ..

e
Hey, what's up!? Yep, it's going well besides that. Although, I need to get the dogs outside/exercised today yet, before it gets dark.

I printed those flyers out finally today. My wireless router was down for a couple days, so I couldn't print, but I got it fixed last night. So, I'll drop them by the 3 pet shops tomorrow afternoon.

I don't know how I could work the leash law thing in my favor. Could you elaborate?

~S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.