Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what this lady is talking about?

(from a staffie forum)

When Bruno's out in the garden he does seem to get carried away, digging etc..
But today I noticed he's got marks on his tummy like carpet burns.Which don't seem to bother him and i'm sure will go away soon.
But he's also got something sticking out under one of his front legs(where his leg joins his body).The only way I can describe it, is, that it looks like bone(although it's definitely not bone) or grissle.It's white in colour,mobile to the touch and about an inch long.
He doesn't like it touched.But otherwise seems unconcerned.
I'll be taking him to the vets to get it looked at.
But in the meantime any ideas on what it could be? (he's 10 wks old)
Thanks
:?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Sounds like he maybe could have something stuck there. Like maybe something stabbed him while he was playing? I had a cat who got out when my idiot sister left the door open, and she (the cat) came back with a puncture in her side by her ribs. Took her to the vet, and he determined that she had a huge wooden sliver in her. It punctured/tore her lung.

Ide suggest taking the dog to a vet ASAP! Better safe then sorry!

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
Her post does not say if it is under the skin or sticking out through the skin. If it is through the skin it could be something he got stabbed with or if it is under the skin it could be a benign tumor. Glad she's taking him to the vet. Let us know what the vet says.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts