Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,604 Posts
Lisa said:
attitude said:
if your gunna play that game can i ask what you would do if he did decide to bite you?
bubba was nicely tryin to tell you to cut it out. i would "almost" guarentee he would do nothing more than put on a show BUT just what if bubba happens to be one of those very few dogs that would take it to the next level? then what would you do?
if you wanna play you gotta be willing to pay.
Good post Atttiude. I agree 100%.

I have never been a fan of horseplay around dogs. I really think it can be an accident waiting to happen. There are other, safer ways of finding out what a dog is made of. :D
Bustersmommy said:
All righty then my story: Hubby and I rough house all time.The one night he was doing what you did with your wife and Buster acted the same way.Hubby told me to yell like I was being hurt so I did which really made Buster mad and he started barking louder and getting in between hubby and I well next thing I know he bit hubby.We no longer rough house while the dogs are in the room or any were around.He and I know Buster was just protecting me or just got pissed at us for playing like that.......lol Lesson learned Wink Not sure though if it was a protective thing or not but I myself feel it was just by how he was acting. Now if it were a stranger I dont know if he would run the other way or do what he did to hubby.I would like to think he would bite the person but my luck he would run but then again Buster doesn't run from anything unless he is getting yelled out so I dont know........lol WE pushed the limit with him though.We wanted to see how upset he would get over something like that and well we now know
These are my beliefs, also. Plus, I also believe that with each time a dog is
put into this situation, the less hesitant he becomes to bite. More importantly, the next time,
it could be kids rough housing. Wouldn't want to take that chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.