Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bubba is now 10 months old and is becoming quite an awesome dog. He gets along great with us but isn't a big fan of other dogs. He doesn't growl or pull in their direction but it's almost a "smug" ignore. My wife says he's stuck up but I tell her he should be :). Our trainer keeps telling me I should socialize him more but I ignore him to a point. Bub isn't a "protection/working" dog and we really aren't around any other dogs. Our training sessions are one on one with no other dogs present. He has NEVER had an issue when walking by dogs while we are out. For some reason he just ignores them. I think it's great but who knows.

Anyway, over the weekend I was messing around with my wife (wrestling). We were both laughing and here comes BUBBA!!!! Out of no where he starts barking at me. Yes it was pretty vicious but he never really came close to me. I pretended as if I was hitting Kim and he barked even more. The growls and head shakes came next. I approached him and he immediately stopped and went into a "down" posture. It was pretty submissive.

1. Do you think it was ok that he barked @ me but didn't approach?
2. My wife pretended to hit me but he didn't bark. Wonder if this means he doesn't care? :)
3. I pretended to be attacking my kids and he did the same thing he did when I did it to my wife. Good?
4. What in your opinion would happen if it were a stranger attacking my wife?
5. I am thinking of taking my wife to training next week and see what the trainer thinks. Should I?
6. Is Bub aggressive to a point or every dog would do the same.

thanks for your ideas

· Banned
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bremner53 said:
Well, Bruno and Lucy both bark at Chad like that when he gets rough. All he has to do is put his fists up and Lucy LOSES it, she barks like she is going to kill him. She knows its all in play though. Bruno would bark at who ever was hitting the person, he would bark and jump on you, but he would stop right away also. I could always tell they were playing though. Some people who see Lucy doing don't think she is playing, but we know she is. So I know that wasn't much help, sorry, haha.
it's funny how we realize our bullies wouldn't actually do anything to us, per se. But if you were to bring a stranger over and they would see your dog doing this they would get very nervous. nothing like seeing an 80 lb pit/bulldog just biting at the bit to get to you but knowing if they did there would be hell to pay. :D

I would like to know what he would do if a stranger did this to my wife. I may tt my trainer about setting something up. Ohio is funny though about anything considered "bite work".

· Banned
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
attitude said:
if your gunna play that game can i ask what you would do if he did decide to bite you?
bubba was nicely tryin to tell you to cut it out. i would "almost" guarentee he would do nothing more than put on a show BUT just what if bubba happens to be one of those very few dogs that would take it to the next level? then what would you do?
if you wanna play you gotta be willing to pay.
I think I'd pay the price. I'm not sure if he would bite me or not but if I provoked it I should pay the price. You are correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.