Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since I got alot of flak, I would like your opinion. Which one do you think she is?

Her height is 18 inches

Weight is 50.6 lbs

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I'm not a professional, so I'm not going to answer. She's very pretty though :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

Thank you for the complimant. Your dog is adorable as well. Like I said, this weekend we get to meet the guy who bred her parents to have her. I will find out 100% this weekend her background and supposedly, she was supposed to have papers. I will get the information from him and perhaps someone can help him get them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What gives?

All the flak I get from everyone and no honest opinions. Dont be afraid to hurt my feelings, some of you have already done that. So is it true that APBT and Staffys are hard to tell apart and are very similar? I have read some of the differences, but I would like to hear your opinions and differences in the breeds. I love this forum, and do not plan on leaving.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: What gives?

Dusty Rose said:
So is it true that APBT and Staffys are hard to tell apart and are very similar? I have read some of the differences, but I would like to hear your opinions and differences in the breeds.
Technically, IMHO, it's impossible to tell the difference. Rule of thumb is Staffy's are shorter that APBT's but when you look at old school pics, the APBT have the same build. Same with the muzzle of both breeds, one can be more pronounced but again, one can only guess.

·
Registered
149 Posts
These pics are better :D she is gorgeous :eek:
She has a very nice head and muzzle shape, its not as big or short as a staff, and shes quite tall too.

My irish staff has a similer shaped face and is about that height. but she is completely different looking to other staffs when she stands next to one. obviously the similaritys are there, its hard to tell, what was she sold as again?
My input prolly wont help much (sorry :oops: ) as im english and we dont get APT over here, but the general rule is if the dogs 'leggyer/taller' and has a lean/longer face then its not typically a staffi.
Hope thats of some use?!
Very pretty dog though, youve got a nice one there :D

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I say APBT or AmStaff. I dont see Staffy Bull in her face.

I'm glad you stuck around despite the "flak" you received. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
It sounds like you are confusing AmStaffs with Staffys. An "AmStaff" is an American Staffordshire Terrier, and a "Staffy" is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

AmStaffs and Pitbulls are basically the same in size, but are just registered with the AKC as AmStaffs. Staffys are smaller (typically no more than about 16 to 17 inches tall, and no more than 40lbs.) Your dog looks like a pitbull (APBT) to me. She's too big to be a Staffy. Rocco is a Staffy, he's about 16 months old and weighs 37 lbs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is an American Staffordshire Terrier

We went to the breeders place today and met her entire family. There was her mother, father, a brother and a sister. She had a blast. It was like a big family reunion. Will post pics later and tell you more. She is an American Staffordshire Terrier. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts