Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious Masona ppears to have started his " I have GAS phase" ...lol I think its funny but my fiacne doesnt have a strong nose for smells if you get what I mean so I remember someone telling me Non-Fat Plain Yogurt helps out with their digestive system and lessens the amount of gas he has.. Im just curious as to how much I give him, how often and do I just mix with his dry kibble?

Thanks in advance, my fiacne thanks ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I heard just to give it to them as snacks once in awhile, but i'm not sure about ther everyday...maybe someone else on here will know.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill just wait till someone comes along I guess. thanks tho your probably right

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just an idea, if you wanted to go THAT far, but you could try to change his food to a differant kind. Im not even sure what food you have him on, but if its soft, canned or something like that then try him on dry food or if you are already on dry food then you could try another brand. I'm not sure about the yogurt thing, but thats just an idea I had, thought I would reply. Good luck!

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That might be an option, thanks!! I would hate to change his food on him now since he seems to love the food he has I got him on Authority Harvest Baked right now... but if thats what I end up having to do then so be it.. It doesnt really bug me its not that big a deal I mean I understand the breed in general has the same problem so OH WELL..loll she'll just have to live with it :p

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
We mix a tablespoon in with Haus' breakfast.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yes, no fat PLAIN yogurt can definitely help, and they love it! :) Not much is necessary, and I don't give it to mine daily either. Every few days or so, and only a teaspoon or two.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use Authority Harvest Baked also and it gives my dogs some nasty gas. I started them with the yogurt and it seems to be helping. I add about a tablespoon to their food once a day. The dogs really liked the food before, but now they go nuts while I am making it up for them.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Deuce was on the Authority and we tried the yogurt. It helped a little but not much. We switched his food to Royal Canin and he has almost NO gas now. I guess the food didn't agree with him. May have been all the veggies in it. Could be the food. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
First of all not all yogurts have the active cultures (good bacteria) that help with digestive systems or they do but they are extremly low amounts or they have been destroyed by pasteurization. It is important to be sure that it contains that active culture. Secondly, even if the yogurt is a good quality and does contain that active culture, a couple tablespoons is NOT going to contain enough to make a difference anyway. If you want to help your dogs digestive systems by restoring the flora you should really go to a health food store and by some probiotics.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Just an option...Purina ONE dog food has some with yogurt already mixed in. We switched our dogs to it about 2 weeks ago & haven't had any issues with "gas" since. :D

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WELL im gonna give this food a little longer..like I said its not that bad..he loves the food ill try some yogurt..didnt have any problems yesterday so he could just have had it temporarily for right now..

·
Registered
60 Posts
True, it very well could have been a temporary thing and if it's not and the yogurt works then thats a lot easier then switching the food so I would stick with that too. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
We feed Artemis Med/Large Breed Puppy to Sarge:

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherois), Egg Product, Salmon, Natural Chicken Flavor, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Apples, Cranberries, Dried Chicory Root, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Lecithin, Garlic, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermantation Solubles, Dried Enterococcus Faecium and Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus

He has been fully switched over to the Artemis for 2 weeks now. I can honestly say I can not remember him having gas during the last two weeks either. We did feed yogurt before with the Royal Canin.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
god i just went to the store and trying to find plain yogert is damn near imposable
everything have a flavor
will vanilla work or would that be bad for the dog?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts