Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted on her in a while and wanted to fill you guys in on why. She had some issues with behavior and I was really worried that she may have been kept in a kennel for too long. She has since recovered from that an I think she just needed to settle in a realize that we are good people and she is going to get fed and cared for by all of us. She is a great addition. However, there are some other issues. I think that she is showing signs of HD. She will run and play with Nikita but after a play session she almost bunny hops inside the house. She is very stiff after a nap and just gets worse. At first I thought that is may have been from concrete flooring for 8 months but I think now that it is something far worse. I have an appt. to take her to our clinic and we are going to shoot some X-Rays. I dismissed it earlier this week thinking that it may just be something minor. After reading up on it I think that all the signs are there. Lack of muscle tone. The bunny hop. She rarely sits down. She refuses to lay on the concrete. She will lay on the grass if we are outside or in the beach chairs. I have found someone interested in adopting her and have informed them of her condition and she is willing to take her and have the proper care given. She is a Vet Tech in Austin and can get her the care she needs at a lower cost. Cross your fingers that it all works out for Zena.
Here are some snaps I took this morning of her. I think she has come a long way in a short time and I feel so good about being part of the reason! oh and I know I need to mow..OK!

· Registered
823 Posts
Poor thing...you are giving her a great life now at least. She might have had a rough life until now but I am sure she is in heaven with the beach chairs lol. I hope that she can take her...seems like she can give the care she needs and I am sure she is very dedicated. Good luck!!!

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Poor Zena. My first dog had dysplasia. :( I'm so glad, though, that you've found someone who is willing to take her on and take good care of her. If you decide to adopt her out, know that I'll be thinking of you, and Buster will send you lots of ((((hugs)))). The first one is the hardest.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Poor Zena, hope it all works out.Please keep us posted on her.I am gonna miss seeing pictures of her when she goes to her new home.Pat yourself on the back for giving her hope,love,care and a better life =D> Your a good person with a big heart!!!!!

· Banned
2,524 Posts
HD, huh? That's awful! Maybe some hip supplements could help her. I know it's hard, but maybe try to keep her head up, Abby does the slouching neck thing, that's why we came up with the nickname "Goose" for her. But it's really not good posture for them, especially with the condition that Zena is in. I hope she feels better though!

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ambulldogpup said:
HD, huh? That's awful! Maybe some hip supplements could help her. I know it's hard, but maybe try to keep her head up, Abby does the slouching neck thing, that's why we came up with the nickname "Goose" for her. But it's really not good posture for them, especially with the condition that Zena is in. I hope she feels better though!
HUH? How do you keep a dogs posture correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.